Well, it’s not Sanchin that doesn’t end, it’s my fiddling and poking around with the manuscript. Today I got through the entire final read but I made a few changes here and there as I was going along and now I have to read through again 😮
I have a horrible tendency to make mistakes when I make changes. I’ll have to export to PDF or print it out before I read through again. That way I can’t fiddle any more. The trouble is, I’m so close to the story now that I’m not sure if the tweaking is strengthening or weakening it.
Yesterday I did some brutal cutting and that definitely improved things. It’s tightened up the dialogue and generally helped the flow.
Oh well, it’s a holiday weekend so nothing is going to get done on the publishing front until Tuesday. At least I have a little longer to finally get it done and sent off.